Tuesday, July 12, 2016

We Won.

From Humans of Judaism. Like them on Facebook

A very old man came in to my Starbucks. Halfway through struggling to understand his order through his thick accent, he noticed my necklace. He stopped and said "Your star is beautiful.", and I thanked him. There was a long pause before he spoke again. When he did, he said "It is beautiful, but I am having a hard time looking at it. The last time I wore one, it was mandatory."

We then spoke to each other in Hebrew for a bit. But soon enough he stopped again, and looked back to my star. With one hand he held mine, and used his other hand to shakily touch the sapphires on my necklace. His lip shook, and tears rolled down his cheeks. In a shaky, heavily German-accented whisper, he said "I am so happy you are here. Your generation is here. We won." and kissed my hand.



3 comments:

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

one might say that our revenge will be for us to live. but personally i like to also make a video once in a while of something like tearing up a palestinian flag or hanging it in a pig pen. they say revenge is a dish best served cold but i think doing it with a good laugh works to.

Anonymous said...

You need therapy for your anger and hate issues. You sully this blog with your venom.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous@9:12 am

I agree with the first commenter, and maybe you need therapy for your control issues.